All You Want to Know About Ceramic Braces to Straighten Misaligned Teeth
Want to straighten your misaligned teeth but don’t feel comfortable wearing the traditional metallic braces? Clear or tooth-colored ceramic braces will do the job of aligning your crooked teeth. The aesthetic appearance keeps you away from the worry of self-consciousness during the treatment period. Since these are bonded in front of teeth and are fixed type braces it gives precise repositioning results in relatively less time. Unlike removable braces, where you are supposed to keep track of hours, with ceramic braces you are free of that concern.
How Do Ceramic Braces Work?
Your orthodontist will evaluate teeth crowding and spacing and recommend treatment accordingly. S/he will tighten ligatures-the elastic band that holds the archwire- every six weeks to shift teeth in the desired direction. With each braces adjustment, these white ligatures will be changed.
What Problems Ceramic Braces Correct?
Following successful treatment problems like teeth overcrowding, overbite & under-bite, open bite, and crossbite could be solved. You will get perfectly straight teeth to smile freely.
Just like traditional metal braces, the treatment duration could vary depending on the level of teeth misalignment. Ceramic braces take a little longer as compared to traditional braces, but you can expect better results. Since these cause less discomfort and irritation, people normally don’t bother wearing a little extra. You have the benefits of aesthetic look, comfort, and better results.
Advantages of Ceramic Braces
- First of all, ceramic braces give better teeth aligning results as compared to traditional metallic braces.
- The aesthetically pleasing look makes it popular among people as it keeps you away from the worries of self-consciousness
- Unlike traditional braces, which irritate gums, ceramic braces are more comfortable.
- Since these are fixed, you won’t have to worry about missing it and keeping it in bacteria-free boxes.
- You are free of the worry of counting braces wearing hours.
Step-by-Step Process of Ceramic Braces Treatment
- Your orthodontist will evaluate your dental structure and condition and then based on age, and other factors recommend the suitability of ceramic treatment to straighten your teeth.
- Once the suitability of ceramic is decided, your orthodontist will take the impression of your teeth to create fitting braces.
- Once the braces are ready, s/he will glue brackets to your teeth in the correct position. But before that, your teeth will be deep cleaned to remove plaques and tartar stains.
- The orthodontist will adjust archwires and elastics to start the process of shifting teeth to the right position.
- The adjustment process continues during the treatment period. Based on progress and desired results, your braces will be removed at the end.
Everything is perfect with ceramic braces to achieve teeth straightening goals, but for the desired result, you have to maintain the oral hygiene of the highest level. Once your braces are removed you should wear a retainer as advised to keep teeth in the desired position. You will regain the confidence to smile freely and eat anything you love with straight teeth.